Building Department Monthly Report for March, 2010
Building Permit Activity
The Monthly Report for February 2010 indicates the following activity:
- Thirty-two (32) Building Permits issued;
- Reported Construction Value of all activity is $6,528,450; and,
- Collected Revenue totals are $15,363.60 (see attached report).
Comparison of Total Building Permit Activity
|Reporting Year||# of Permits Issued||Reported Construction Value||Total Revenue Collected|
Residential Growth Comparison
|Reporting Year||# of Residential Starts|
|2010||33 units YTD|
Note: unit counts include new single-family buildings, 2-unit buildings, and multi-unit buildings
Construction Inspection Activities
During the period of February 1, 2010, to February 28, 2010, Mike Tulli completed a total of 310 inspections, including 43 Building Code citations and the removal of 4 illegal signs from the Rights-of-Way. Erin Mulryan completed a total of 13 inspections, including 1 Building Code Citation. Also included is a spreadsheet that indicates the total number of field inspections done by inspector in a year-to-date format.
Items of Note
1. These are some of the continuing construction projects: the new Avon Middle School North and the related sports facilities, the new River Birch Elementary School, Key Bank by Wal-Mart, an expansion to the multi-tenant building behind Tasty's on U.S. 36, the Adult Learning Center, Cafeteria, and Gymnasium expansion to Avon High School, Washington Township's community building and Shelter in Station Hill, a tenant finish for Ko's China Bistro in Raceway Crossing, Select Physical Therapy's office next to Dunkin' Donuts, Big Lots remodel in the vacated Linens-N-Things space in Avon Commons, renovation of the Indiana Department of Child Services' office in Westridge Office Park, one expansion project to Clarian West Hospital, two new offices at Clarian West, the Town of Avon salt barn project, the HRH/YMCA project, Our Shepherd Lutheran Church on County Road 100 North, and the new Fairfield Inn in Eden Gate.
2. New projects slated to start this and/or next month include Lucas Oil Auto Center at Avon Pointe, new lease space in Westover Commons, and an office building expansion to the wastewater treatment plant behind Menard's.
3. The Planning and Building Department continues to monitor approximately 21 vacant homes in all areas of the Town's jurisdiction. Homes and pools are monitored for security and vandalism, and this involves coordination with the Avon Police Department, the Washington Township Avon Fire Department, and the Washington Township Trustee's office. This activity also involves securing fences, pools, unlocked exterior doors and windows, as well as working with mortgage companies to ensure that these sites are secure.
4. The Buildable Lots Spreadsheet, which tracks permit activity for each neighborhood within the corporate limits of the Town of Avon as new Building Permits are issued is included in this report.